The Knightly Baclava
Yardage: Roughly 150-200
Needles: size 5-7 dpns
gauge: 3 sts per inch
size : small (toddler), med, adult If only two number in (), the last is the same for both medium and adult
Cast on 3 sts on three needles.
1. K1, m1 each needle
2. K1, m1 all sts
3. Knit (12 sts)
4. K1,m1, k to last st, k1, m1
Repeat rows 3 and 4 (4, 5 times) more.
5. Re-distribute to 4 dpns. On needle 1 (12 sts) – k1, p1 rib. On needles 2,3, and 4, knit in the round.
Repeat row 5 (6,8,10 times) BO all sts on needle 1.
6. Knit needle 2 (purl on wrong side), k1, p1 rib on needle 3 (this is the shaping for the back of the neck – a little stretch added with the rib and a close fit for extra warmth) and knit on needle 4 (purl on wrong side).
Work (3, 5, 7) rows as in row 6.
7. On last knit row, k1, m1, k to last stitch, m1, k1 (keep the k1, p1 rib on needle 3)
8. Purl all sts. Except keep the rib on needle 3.
Repeat rows 7/8 (4, 5, 6 times)
9. Join back into the round. K all sts on needles except needle three, keep in the ribbed pattern.
Repeat this row (4, 5, 6 times)
10. K1, p1 all around for (4,6, 8 rows)
11. Change to contrast color. Needle 1 is now the chin. On needles 1, 2,3 : k1, m1 knit to last st, m1, k1, every 3rd row for 3 inches.
12. Knit 4 rows moss stitch.
13. Bo all sts.